10 Places to See Fabulous Christmas Lights in the DC Area
- The National Zoo: Shining with lights of the most popular animals, the zoo is newest place to be in December.
- Festival of Lights, Mormon Temple: Ukranian singers, bells, traditional carols—there’s a new event every night.
- Columbia’s Symphony of Lights: More than 70 animated and stationary light creations in a drive through exhibition.
- Alexandria’s Parade of Lights: The harbor lights up as boats decorated by their owners cruise the Potomac River.
- Bull Run Festival of Lights: A 2.5-mile, drive-through holiday light show in Northern Virginia.
- The National Christmas Tree: Everyone who comes to DC in December visits the Ellipse to see the national tree and models trains.